If you are passionate about sustainable living and reducing the waste on the planet, this course is just for you! It will offer a deeper exploration of how globalisation and consumerism are threatening the survival of life on the planet, and how to react to this. It aims to up-skill participants so they can become informed and equipped to lead others in reducing waste, through workshops and events in their communities. Some of the topics included are
- What is Zero Waste?
- The Rs and where to start
- The Zero Waste Movement
- Why do we need Zero Waste?
- Waste Statistics
- The problem with Plastic
- How to plan and run your own event or workshop
- Globalisation and Consumerism
- Economic Growth. Green Growth or Degrowth?
- The concept of sufficiency and meeting human needs
- Dealing with apathy and how to involve people in sustainability
- Paradigm change
- Nature Connection and Self-Care
Target Community leaders, community educators, activists, and anyone
who has access to groups and can pass on the learning.
Day Tuesday 10 to 4 pm
On Feb 26th and Mar 5th, 2019
Duration 2 x One Day Workshops
Fee €20 to book your place, €10 will be returned at the
end of day two
Location Newbridge Parish Centre